Thursday, January 27, 2011

My day

I was just thinking about what my day is going to consist of, then I realized that it's pretty much the same thing everyday: get up between 6-7, start picking up mess from night before, get husband up, wait for kids to get up, husband leaves start cleaning his mess, and the new mess kids have added to. My favorite anymore is getting the check in calls from my husband they usually go like this:

 Husband: "Hi, hows it going?"

Me:"Fine."

Husband: "Well watcha doing?"

Me: "Cleaning, cooking, yelling at the big one, little one yelling at me. What are you doing?"

Husband: "Working, driving."

Me: "Thats nice." (me thinking, "thanks for stating the obvious")

Husband: "Ok love you talk to you later."

hour goes by phone rings again...

Husband: "Whatcha doing?"

Me: "Cleaning, arguing with kids."

Husband: "Ok talk to you later."

It's almost like he's expecting something magical to go on, like someone showed up and handed me a trillion dollars. It just makes me laugh, he always wonders why I don't have a lot to say, but its like the same thing everyday, I love talking to him, but I don't really deal with anyone else, and its like we'll you called an hour ago, and I'm pretty much doing the same thing I was doing when you called the first time...He's always telling me I need to change up my routine, I can't quite figure out what that means, am I supposed to change what order I clean in? There isn't much that can get changed. I guess I could clean the bathroom first thing, but then everyone goes in to do their morning "business", and that all goes to crap (pardon the pun :) ) Or I could clean the front room first, but then the kids have their breakfast and I have to vacuum twice as much as I already do. There is no way to make cleaning the house all that entertaining, I feel like that old cartoon with the bears walking around the park with those sticks picking the trash up, and its almost my whole day...My mom used to know the song that went with the bear cartoon, maybe I could sing that. Should I do it all naked, I guess someone would find that entertaining, wait nope can't do that kids don't want to watch that. I could run around and do it really fast, nope might break an ankle (if I can break it getting out of a car, I can break it cleaning house). Maybe it'll get less monotonousness when the kids get bigger. We can all hope lol.

1 comment:

  1. naked is a good idea! Just kidding all i am really trying to do with telling you to change it up is to change the way you think about the things you do everyday. It tends to make laborious or monotonous things easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete