Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The past.

Well I don't really know how to start this, but this morning my husband and I were talking about some of the things that have gone on in our past. The good the bad the horribly ugly. And I think I realized how worth it all of the stuff good and bad really was. We went through a time about five years ago while I was pregnant for our son that was really draining, and sometimes it still hits a cord when we talk about it. We ended up splitting up for a while and spending quite a bit of time apart and things happened that shouldn't have.  Even though it caused a lot of pain, the more I think about it the easier it is to see how it got us to where we are today. I was almost to the point of giving up, but I held on just a little while and the turn around began. Let me say it wasn't easy to trust or relearn how to live together again. So much has changed since then, we have another beautiful child, a nice home, he has a decent job, and we have everything we need. But if I would have given up on him during any of this we wouldn't have the amazing relationship we have now. Sometimes I wonder if I would be willing to go through it all again. But if I didn't so many good things in my life would be missing and I wouldn't give those up for anything in the world. To those of you that have gone through times in your relationship that you swear are going to break you, whether its being cheated on or being broke, or feeling alone and like the other person just cant understand what you're going through. Have a little faith and try to see what you would be missing if that person disappeared from your life all together. It might surprise you what wouldn't be there if they were gone. If I would have given up all the times I thought I wanted to I wouldn't have either of my kids or be loved as much as I am today. Just some food for thought don't let the bad stuff or the mistakes that are made block out all the reasons why you're with someone. Take it a day at a time and next thing you know you'll make it through the pain in the fog and it would have been something you can learn from. Just like it is for us now. Yes it still is painful to talk about but at the same time we learned a lot about each other and what we really do mean to one another. It makes us appreciate what we have now that much more.

1 comment:

  1. As I said this morning it was a hard lesson learned, But one that almost seems necessary now in reflection. It made the most important issues stand out so that they could be handled and made us appreciate honesty and trust between each other the main objective.

    ReplyDelete