Thursday, January 27, 2011

Am I really that old?

Jeeze its been a while since I've been on here..Anyway, I had one of those moments that make you realize you're getting older, faster than you think. My husband sent me to bed at eight because it had been a really long day with the kids, so I go to bed for a while, he crawls into bed around one. I am now wide awake, tried for about an hour to get back to sleep and decided it was pointless (we're getting to the older than dirt feeling, just bear with me). I check my email, get something to drink and try to go back to bed, give him a kiss and he wakes up and is well for lack of a better term, "ready" for me. By now it's after two, we hear the little one get up, so we get her settled down..And our "midnight" rendezvous begins (more like 2:30). Anymore we dont have a lot of time for said events, so we take full advantage of the quiet house..Low and be hold it is now 4:30. Almost time for everyone to get up. We both decide to just stay up, because "we used to be able to go all night, and still function." Boy were we wrong. I have never felt so exhausted all I wanted to do was go back to bed all day, I just kept wondering how on earth I ever went all night and all day without dying somewhere. When we first got together it was (for me anyway) school all day, work most of the night, back to his place for "alone" time, sleep for like two hours (if at all), then do it all over again the next day..Now I look back and think what on earth was wrong with me! I should have been getting the sleep while I could, there is no napping anymore..Anymore we have to decide if the hour or two we want to have together is worth the 4 hours or so of sleep we'll miss. Good grief I didn't think I was going to get to that point so fast, maybe it would be better if we did that stuff on the weekend when there isn't much to do...Mid week is not a good way to go I thought I could pass for a hundred yesterday. I guess kids,house work, and work work will do that to you.

2 comments:

  1. I was totally worth it! But i do know what you mean about used to being able to stay up forever. I really however dont miss that all that much. I always felt like a zombie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg does this bring back memories!
    Then-During the week it was work all day, sex all night. Weekends, it was stay out at the bar till 2 AM, and sex three times a day, forget about sleep!
    Now-It's still work all week...but no sex at night. Or on the weekends. In fact...it's been 5 months since...sigh.
    Not much sleep either.

    ReplyDelete