Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Friendship warning

Why are there people out there who just dont realize how much you do for them? Over the years I have had so many people that I thought were such "good" friends. Only to find out as soon as I stopped benefiting them and I needed them to be there for me I was dropped like a hot rock. It seems to be a theme in my life that is just never ending. Here's a little story to chew on a bit:


 There are two people that have been friends for what feels like forever (we'll call them John and Kate), but lately it has come to the attention of Kate that John really isn't there for her as much as she is for him. Case in point, John was losing his house due to foreclosure so Kate decided John could stay with her until he could get on his feet. Then once John moved in he thought everything was free. When Kate would try to tell him she needed some help with things around the house and some of the bills John would become frustrated and bring up all the time he had helped Kate in the past. When all along there had not been much in return for all of Kate's good deeds. This is where the friendship goes from bad to worse, Kate became so frustrated with bearing all the weight of the relationship that she told john off. This had been a long time coming however and she was carrying a lot of baggage from all the times she had been worked over by her once thought dear friend john.


It has been my experience that people like john and the ilk are poisonous to anything. Point blank they will spread across every part of your life and haunt you till you finally call it quits. These "friends" have no business being apart of yours or for that matter anyone's life. There is a point where you just have to say to yourself I have given so much to be a part of this persons life and I have received less than deserved. It no longer has any benefit to me more than helping me spend extra money of fill up more room in my house. I don't need this any longer and will not be used as a door mat. I must put my foot down and stand up for myself and the time I have invested. At this point it will not come as a loss of a friend, But more of a relief from having to deal with a person who is not really returning any of the kindness you have given.

This is in no way meant to deter you from entering into friendships or for that matter going over with a fine tooth comb the ones you are in. Its simply meant to be a cautionary tale to worn those who have turned a blind eye. And a validation for those have dealt with such people.

No comments:

Post a Comment