Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Staying at home

There are times when I'm not sure that I am cut out for this stay at home mom stuff. Sometimes all I want to do is escape the repetitive nature of it all. Then I look back at how it was when I worked all the time. They both have their good points, and both can occasionally make you want to tear your hair out. For instance when I worked all the time the house was always a wreck, we had take out almost all the time, and there by we were broker than crap. Now at least I can attempt to keep my house clean, and dinner is almost always made in our own kitchen. That does not mean I am not busy, I always love how people think you have it easy because you stay at home, those that think that have never tried it. I clean all day long, sometimes the same think 4 or 5 times a day, because every time i get it clean someone messes it up again. I don't get any alone time, and most nights I cook, clean and chase kids around the house until I drop.I do not just sit at home watching TV eating bon bons and napping (who on earth has bon bons lying around the house anyway?). Anyone that thinks staying at home would be so fun and easy should try it for a while. Its repetitive, it does not pay well, and you better enjoy cooking and cleaning. If you're a stay at home mom like me pat yourself on the back, god knows we don't get enough credit for it. For those that aren't let me know what it's like to do something that involves grown ups, I'm starting to forget what that's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment