Monday, April 11, 2011

Finding time with my husband....will it happen?

It has been a long couple weeks. My husband and I have been having a hard time seeing eye to eye on much of anything. We don't usually fight much so I'm not sure how to deal with this, its just seems to be a lot of drama, and some very intense emotions. This is when I know we need some time together alone with out the kids away from the house and everything else. Its just finding the time to take the time to have the time alone together. Which is just as difficult and confusing as it sounds. Every couple needs that time to be alone together to reconnect. What do you do when there aren't people to call on when you need a break from everything? or When you call to say that you need some time the only thing given is a speech about why they need a break and then it makes you feel guilty for even mentioning it. Then in the same breath not only do we not get a break together, but he gets one with work and I get stuck by myself for an even longer amount of time. So that has added to our frustration as a couple, now he gets away and I don't, and to be honest it makes me angry and jealous. There is no way to tell when my break will come (if ever) and here he gets almost three days of time with grown ups and no kids. It seems to be just eating away at me. I just want the time to be an adult, and feel like something more than a mother and housekeeper. I know its not fair for me to be anything but happy for him but its hard to be happy when you see something you want and need so bad being given to someone else without question. I love him more than anything, but I am still human, and its hard to remain neutral all the time. When is "our" time together coming? Will that ever be able to be a priority? Hopefully sometime our time will come but sooner rather than later would be great, I'm having a hard time dealing with the same thing all the time everyday.

1 comment:

  1. This is the new challenge that we must fix together! This can not be fixed by one person alone, It has to be a team effort!

    ReplyDelete